Monday, May 18, 2009

Hogle Zoo

Last weekend we went to Salt Lake to visit my brother, his wife Jenn, and their son Mason. We spent Friday night at their place and on Saturday we went to the zoo. Ashlyn and Mason are great friends and love playing together. They especially loved the zoo! Sometimes I wish I could see the world through the eyes of a child. Everything seems so magical to children. All in all it was a great weekend and we had a wonderful time together.



Josh, Jenn, and Mason


Ashlyn and Mommy
The elephant behind us in this picture is 19 months pregnant (!) and is due to deliver sometime in July.


Ashlyn has started to really love having her picture taken. It is so much fun!


One for you and one for me!


Thank goodness for fences! Otherwise these two would have been running wild with the animals!

5 comments:

  1. Fun!! We haven't been to the zoo forever. That's so fun that she likes getting her pictures taken. Such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time! Glad to see you took pictures by the famous lion drinking fountain. It's a fixture in our scrapbook pages of the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Ashlyn is just the cutest little girl!We've been talking about going to Hogle this summer cause neither of us have been there since elementary school. I'm VERY mad at you guys for not stopping by! JK But seriously we miss you guys tons and need to plan some sort of outing soon. :) Maybe we can plan a camping trip???? As for getting Sophie to wear her shades we just got lucky, the first time we put them on her she wore them with no issues. But thats the same thing that happened when we got her ears pierced she didnt' try to pull on her ears or anything so she's pretty good with things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they finally get a new lion drinking fountain? Or did they just repaint the really, really, really, old one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Heidi! Sorry I just saw a link to your blog on Heather Hansens blog. I didn't know that you guys got married! At least I didn't think that I did. I saw your husband in Maceys the other day it looks like you guys are doing good!

    ReplyDelete